The IGDORE Project: Reinventing Academia with an Open (Science) Mind

Thanks @rebecca for this super insightful talk and for all the questions you answered! That was really helpful for me, especially since I have been struggling with the academic system because I care about open and replicable science.

One thing you said in the Q&A was that you think that only “very independent” people, who do not rely on working with other people are suitable for IGDORE. I was wondering if I understood you correctly and if I did, I would like to say that I can imagine IGDORE being the right place also for people who are dependent on working with others. I felt like I was exactly the person you described (I do in fact eat vegan at home but am less strict when I am invited to other people’s homes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I needed a lot of supervision during my PhD). At the same time I have very good reasons to affiliate with IGDORE as someone who wants to do things differently and is fed up with the system as it is. Couldn’t IGDORE also be seen as the network needed to build new types of collaborations and teams to support also those who are not superindependent (in the sense that they need to feel part of a team)?

6 Likes