Emails from predatory journals: Let's expose them one by one ;)

I don’t know if this fits in any category. I am just fed up of receiving emails from predatory journals on my @igdore account (what a contradiction right?!). I will just start to post their emails here. Maybe others will do so and we could also start some ironical emails bombing to make them stop :wink:

I’ll update a list here:

History Research

Journal of Psychological Science and Research (JPSSR)

Psychology and Behavioral Science International Journal

Psychology and Behavioural Sciences

Advances in Textile Engineering

Open Access Journal of Biomedical Science

Mental Health & Human Resilience International Journal (MHRIJ) ISSN: 2578-5095.

Clinics in Surgery

American Journal of Biomedical Science & Research

Psychology and Education

Humanities and Social Science Research (HSSR)

Journal of Psychiatry and Psychiatric Disorders

Fortune publisher (any)

Biomedical Journal of Scientific and Technical Research

Auctores publisher (any)

4 Likes

History Ɍеѕеarch

ӀЅЅƝ Online: ᒿЗ76-6719ӀЅЅƝ Print: ᒿЗ76-6700

History Ɍеѕеarch (HISTORY) is a peer-rҽνіҽwed international jоυrnαl, providing a solid platform for rеsеarсһers, scհоlαrs and those who have an interest in current іssυҽs and trends in history rеsеarсһ to spread ideas.

Dear Abdoun, O; Fucci, E; Poletti, S,

Hope this еmαіl will find you well.

Inspired by your ρᴜЬlished αrtiсlҽ “Guiding Principles for Methodological Integrity and Epistemological Consistency in Mixed Methods Studies” in CONSTRUCTIVIST FOUNDATIONS, the other unρᴜЬlished αrtiсlҽs from you are genuinely ᴡҽlᴄomҽs to be presented in our jоυrnαl.

Іnᴠіtatіon to Ѕυbmіt Your Μanuѕcrіpts

For this jоυrnαl, it works on issuing theoretical and empirical αrtiсlҽs: Brief Communications, Case Studies, Original Artіϲlҽs, Ɍҽᴠiҽws and so on. Artіϲlҽs which are well written and meet the jоυrnαl’s standards will be possibly approved for pυblicаtiοn.

We sincerely іnvіtҽ you to ρᴜЬlish your ρаρеrs in this jоυrnαl: http://www.historyres.org/sx2h63/rJhvP

etc. bla bla bla

Dear Enrico Fucci,

Hope you’re doing well!

The purpose of this email is to introduce our prestigious Journal of Psychological Science and Research (JPSSR) to you. We found your profile and we hope that collaboration with you will be helpful for increasing our journal standards.

We kindly invite you to submit any of your recent work towards our journal by 30th July . Atleast support us by submitting a short article like Editorial, Opinion, Commentary, etc.

Also, request you to support us by joining our journal Editorial Board, kindly submit your CV, Research Interest, Recent Photograph.

Looking forward for a long-lasting scientific relationship.

Best wishes,

Dear Dr. Enrico Fucci,

I feel your profile had a dynamic potential which fascinates me to email you.

We are in shortfall of single article for successful release of Volume 16, Issue 5. Is it possible for you to support us with your Opinion or Mini Review or any article for this issue by 10th of July, 2021?

We really desire to receive your research work towards the publication, and I think it will be a best fit for both of us to achieve the great results.

Await your swift submission.

Selena Patrick Psychology and Behavioral Science International Journal| ISSN: 2474-7688 Impact Factor: 0.974 (2019-20); 1.204 (2020-21)

I received about 7/8 emails from this one :expressionless: :weary:

Psychology and Behavioral Sciences

ΙЅЅƝ Online: ᒿЗᒿ8-784ƼΙЅЅƝ Print: ᒿЗᒿ8-78З7

Psychology and Behavioral Sciences is a peer-rеvіеᴡed асаdеmiс jοᴜrnаl, which provides a solid platform for all асаdеmiсs, ѕcһοlars and those who are interested in emerging trends and iѕѕυеs in psychology and behavioral sciences to exchange ideas.

Dear Enrico Fucci ; Constanza Baquedano;…,

Warm greetings from the assistant еԀіtor.

Inspired by your рαреr entіtlҽd “Validation of a Set of Stimuli to Investigate the Effect of Attributional Processes on Social Motivation in Within-Subject Experiments” in Collabra: Psychology, the other original рαреrs are honestly wеlсоmе to be ρυblisһed in our jοᴜrnаl.

Sսƅmіt an Αrtіϲle

The jοᴜrnаl ρυblisһes аrtiϲlеs both theoretically and empirically, including Ɍеvіеw Рαpҽrs, Case Studies, Original Сοntrіbutіοns and Brief Communications. Αrtіϲles will be accepted if they are well written according to the standards of our jοᴜrnаls.

Аutһοrs are wеlсоmе to ѕսƅmit their unρυblisһed рαреrs through this lіnк: http://www.psychosci.org/s8z/eAatp

etc etc etc

Thanks for starting the fun @enrico.fucci. Here is my latest request, but I have never done research or published on textile engineering! :man_shrugging:

Advances in Textile Engineering Volume II

Dear Gavin J Taylor,

We are inviting you to contribute a chapter for an eBook “ Advances in Textile Engineering”.

This eBook covers all areas of Textile Engineering . Authors are free to select the topic of their interest within the scope of an eBook.

Each volume contains 6 book chapters covering different topics of “Advances in Textile Engineering”.

You can contribute (Book chapter, Case Reports, Reviews, Monographs/Single Authored eBooks) on your interesting area.

Note: ISBN charges are applicable.

All chapters are peer reviewed by external reviewers and are published only after the acceptance.

Kindly confirm your participation at your earliest convenience.

Please let us know your interest and availability.

Dear Professor,

Good Morning!!

Please join your hands with our OAJBS to educate the young researchers with your reliable works. We request you to share your knowledge through articles.

Submit your articles for Volume 4 Issue 3.

Regardfully, Jessica Williams ISSN: 2690-487X | Impact factor: 0.452 Open Access Journal of Biomedical Science (OAJBS)

Note: We are also accepting the Covid articles for our Covid-19 Special Issue.

This is The Lancet but still, sending around marketing invitation to submit an abstract for a conference poster and pay 300 euros for an online event? Am I the only one looking at this as a practice that does not make sense anymore in today’s world?

The Lancet Summit

Submit poster abstracts by Friday Aug 13, 2021

Dear Enrico,

Poster abstract submissions are now being taken for The Lancet Summit: Presymptomatic Prevention and Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases . Please submit your abstracts by Friday Aug 13, 2021.

Organised by The Lancet Neurology and The Lancet , this conference will bring together 22 expert speakers to give invited lectures on their work.

Posters are invited to supplement the programme on the following topics:

• Genetics, cellular pathways, and neuronal vulnerability
  • Biomarkers and early diagnosis
  • Prevention through therapeutics
  • Ethical and regulatory considerations

Submit your abstract

We look forward to your participation and to receiving your abstracts.

The Lancet Summit Committee

Dear Researcher,

Greetings…!!

We would like to inform you that submissions for Upcoming Issue are now being accepted for Mental Health & Human Resilience International Journal (MHRIJ) ISSN: 2578-5095.

We are contented to receive manuscript from a virtuous person like you for our upcoming issue. We welcome high quality Review, Research Articles, Case Reports, Short Communication, Mini Review, Editorial, etc .

We hope that your articles will help us in the growth of our Journal and request you to submit your manuscript by 31 August, 2021 .

Note: If you want to be an Editorial board member please let us know. The eligibility is minimum Ph.D. or M.D

Kindly acknowledge this email within 24 hours whether it may be positive or negative.

Kind Regards, Teresa Christine Assistant Managing Editor

Here’s my most recent “invitation”!

Dear Dr. Arika Virapongse,

Hope you are doing well.

We are in shortfall of articles for successful release of Volume 13 Issue 5 . Is it possible for you to support us with your 2 -page opinion or mini review for this issue?

For more information please track the below link to have a glance on our journal website https://biomedgrid.com

We are confident that you are always will be there to support us. You can submit your article directly send this email id.

Await your positive response.

Catherine Nichols Assistant Managing Editor American Journal of Biomedical Science & Research| ISSN: 2642-1747

Usually, I find these emais in my spam folder and it’s clear what kind of journals they might be. Interestly, however, I recently received a quasi identical e-mail that claimed to be from an Elsevier journal. Because this looked really legit, I wanted to see how far they went to stage the relationship with Elsevier.

Interestingly, it actually is a legit Elsevier journal (“Research in Veterinary Science”). I was surprised these e-mails are also being sent by established publishers. It is however very clear that this was not a personalized invitation, but a mass e-mail (at least according to me).

Does anybody else have experience with one of this e-mail coming from Elsevier, or others?

EDIT: This e-mail also arrived on my IGDORE e-mail, while all others usually arrive on my personal one.

I got one very ‘spammy’ looking invitation to submit to something from Cell Press (Elsevier owned) early this year. I can’t recall the details, but I do recall being surprised that Cell was sending out very generic and basically predatory looking emails.

Dear Prof. Masuzzo Paola,

Greetings for the Day!!

We mailed you several times previously, but there is no response from you. So, we would like to contact you again!!

Having a phenomenal research and academic background in “COVID-19” , and the recent published articles, we believe your contribution/participation as an important member for this special issue will be an asset to the journal.

Clinics in Surgery™ (Impact Factor-1.970) solicit the papers as Research, Review and Case Reports in our Special Issue on " A dvances in COVID-19 ".

Since this special issue topic is very closely related to your field of research, we would like to take this opportunity to invite and encourage you to send in your valuable contribution as a manuscript. It would be an honor to have you as an integral part of this special issue which is expected to be released “ September 10, 2021 ”.

You can submit 150 words clinical image or 2 pages editorial also.

We would like to invite you to submit your articles in reply to this email as an attachment.

Please feel free to contact us for any journal related queries. We look forward your positive response. Thank you very much.

LOL

Hi Dear,

Greetings from Journal of Psychiatry and Psychiatric Disorders [ISSN: 2572-519X]

Impact Factor: 2.6

NLM ID: 101762136

We have read one of your article which is very interesting and felt honored to invite you to contribute Research, Review, Mini review, Case Report or any kind of article for the upcoming Issue of our Journal.

Criteria: Original and Unpublished work

Deadline: 25th September 2021

Please kindly submit your article through Online or send as an e-mail attachment to this mail ID.

Please reply for any queries.

Waiting for your positive response.

Warm Regards

Marina John

JPPD Coordinator

11355 Richmond Ave #507,

Houston, TX 77082, USA

Dear Dr. Enrico Fucci,

I have had an opportunity to read your paper “Validation of a Set of Stimuli to Investigate the Effect ofAttributional Processes on Social Motivation in Within-SubjectExperiments” in Collabra and can tell from your work that you are an expert in this field.

We are calling for the submission of papers for the Vol. 4, No. 3, September 2021 issue. Please see the journal’s profile at http://hssr.ideasspread.org and submit your manuscripts online. If you have any questions, please contact the editorial assistant at hssr@ideasspread.org

Humanities and Social Science Research (HSSR) is an international, double-blind peer-reviewed, published in both print and online versions, open-access journal. HSSR is Quarterly, published in March, June, September and December by IDEAS SPREAD INC.

We would appreciate it if you could share this information with your colleagues and associates.

Thank you.

Your Sincerely

Leon Cliff

Editor

Humanities and Social Science Research (HSSR)

ISSN 2576-3024-P 2576-3032-E

hssr@ideasspread.org | http://hssr.ideasspread.org

cid:image001.png@01D5AA9F.28C615D0

IDEAS SPREAD INC

229 E 105TH ST, NEW YORK, NY 10029, United States

Dear Dr. Enrico Fucci,

Its great to collaborate with you by this email.

We are in short of article for successful issue release of Volume 38 - Issue 3 in our Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research (ISSN: 2574 -1241) having an Impact Factor1.095 .

Is it possible for you to support us with an opinion, mini review or case report , we hope a minimum of 2-page article isnt time taken for an eminent author like you?

We are confident that you are always there to support us.

We await to hear your hopeful response.

Angela Roy Biomedical Journal (BJSTR) neurology@biomedres.us Address: One Westbrook Corporate Center, Suite 300, Westchester, IL 60154, USA Ph. No: +1 (502) 904-2126

Dear Researcher,

Greetings from Psychology and Education!

We have gone through your recent articles perceived outstanding knowledge and valuable information useful to the scientific community.

I request you to contribute your articles on or before September 20, 2021 at managingeditor@agjournals.online

Looking forward to work with you.

Regards

Alice

Editorial Manager

ear Dr. Enrico Fucci, Greetings from the journal of International Journal of Clinical Psychology

I appreciate your professionalism and knowledge after a view at your article “Validation of a Set of Stimuli to Investigate the Effect of Attributional Processes on Social Motivation in Within-Subject Experiments”. We cordially welcomes you to publish your paper in the upcoming issue of IJCP. We can accept any of your unpublished works.

Benefits of Publishing in IJCP

· High quality peer review service.

· International Editorial Board.

· Immediate publication upon acceptance.

· Indexing Service.

If you are ready with the manuscript kindly submit at your earliest on or before September 30th, 2021 . If your prior commitments does not permit to contribute immediately, please mention your tentative date to submission, and kindly suggest our journal to your friends and colleagues to submit their research work. Kindly submit your valuable manuscript through below link.

Online Submission System I look forward to receiving your submission!

Make your research represents the highest standards and integrity towards the scientific community.

Professionally, Nicole Lawson,

Editorial Coordinator,

International Journal of Clinical Psychology,

Auctores Publishing LLC, USA.

This practice is way too common, even from so-called reputable journals. My own doctoral thesis director has already told me he won’t accept any MDPI paper as part of my articles compendium, no matter the impact factor. Got two special calls “invitations” from a couple of their journals in a few months, which would end up costing several thousand to publish each.

Same with Frontiers in Psychology, we got an invite to for one of these, and there is no option but to pay: two thousand for a brief report article. They make lot of money, there is no justification.

Calls and invites pile up, some worse than others. Also to create new calls, and act as recruiter to get authors in for them. Pure nonsense, they are gaming the openess in open access at the expense of us all and the rigour of the disciplines. BTW, my research director declined an “invitation” to be editor in a Frontiers magazine, and many others. He is from back when all was subscription and paper based. In the online World all these expenses make zero sense. We all have reviewed articles for that and other publications, all free of charge. Damn, I have published magazines out of the scientific circuit, paper based, and know those prices are ridiculous even when competing in kiosks with distribution fees.

Nobody compensates for these tasks, fand on top authors are asked to pay. Free labour fand money for a broken system that feeds on the illusion of “peernes” when the business model is plain following the profit motif. Science comes as an afterthought.

2 Likes