Connected Papers | Find and explore academic papers

Nice tool! Hat tip Brian Nosek on Twitter.

"Connected Papers started as a weekend side project between friends. When we saw how much it improved our own research and development workflows - and got increasingly more requests from friends and colleagues to use it - we committed to release it to the public.

You know… for science.

Today Connected Papers is self-funded and totally free. We’ve been working with academic papers for years and always felt the need for a tool like this. Hopefully it brings others value and advances science and technology. Use it for good!"

3 Likes

This is great! I recall using Web Of Science to do this during my PhD, but it was so clunky I only used it for really key works. I found interesting connections on the first paper I entered into this!

1 Like

Awsome tool! It doesn’t seem ultra precise, but it looks very valuable when doing literature search and scouting. I have already started using it!

1 Like

Hey everyone, this seems indeed a great tool! Saw that on twitter as well and made some tests. Nothing fancy yet, but I’m liking it so far! Thanks @rebecca!

1 Like

well, not supporting mobile is a no go for me now. perhaps later when i’m on my laptop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a great tool. But it looks like the search is only on English documents. I want to create a public portal for scientists. The portal will specialize in searching and sorting by date and relevance of new articles from the scientific community of any specialization. Maybe someone knows a similar tool to find European articles and other articles published in Europe. I used only to use the tool https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/culture it helped me find studies on particular parameters and connect my data analysis site to https://www.librariesconnected.org .uk / page / universal-library-offers. Still, I also need a search tool in all languages. I am interested in all Middle Slavic languages. Thanks!

2 Likes

very good idea… i am interested in arabic, javanese, bataknese, and other indonesian local language and scripts… :slight_smile: