Discussion on research teams at IGDORE

I find these ideas very interesting - and am curios as to what platforms and practices will emerge to support collaborative research at IGDORE. Maybe the mindful researchers initiative could provide some input / synergy, as a shared space for reflection, and through the experience we gather in co-creation, but just a thought for now.

I am thinking - yes! Important hot spot of academic practice (including a recent experience of a strangely biased review that comes to mind).

Tho I feel pulled towards an approach of “developing and practicing what I/we consider valuable” (instead of highlighting the trouble per se). To discuss the difficulties, rather than the bad solutions, and speak from experience about alternatives: my hunch is that people often do something flawed, knowing it’s flawed, for a lack of (available, accessible, attractive) alternative. So getting together to see what our priorities and needs are, and to build the appropriate tools (alternatives to, or new combinations of what is currently available) seems crucial / fruitful / satisfying.

…the platforms for collaboration you are talking about sound very much like such a thing :slight_smile:

That said many people care about the approach you are suggesting, so, this is just to add this to the idea…

2 Likes