Open Science Conference (27-29 June 23)

Note the UNESCO Workshop and Barcamp in addition to the main program

The registration for the Open Science Conference 2022 is now open. If you want to attend the UNESCO Workshop „Fostering Open Science in Africa – Practices, Opportunities, Solutions“ (see conference programme), please use the ticket type „Open Science Conference including UNESCO Workshop“.

The Open Science Conference 2022 is the 9th international conference of the Leibniz Research Alliance Open Science. The annual conference is dedicated to the Open Science movement and provides a unique forum for researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure providers, policy makers, and other important stakeholders to discuss the latest and future developments in Open Science.

The conference offers insights into both practical and technical innovations that serve the implementation of open practices as well as current and pioneering developments in the global Open Science movement. Such developments are, for example, the increasing plea for open practices as lessons learned from global crises as well as recent discussions on the relation of Open Science and knowledge equity. Furthermore, the conference offers many opportunities for networking and exchange.

This year’s conference is cooperating with the German Comission for UNESCO. They organise a panel discussion and a workshop in the context of the recently adopted UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science.

Barcamp Open Science

The Barcamp Open Science is a pre-event of the Open Science Conference. It takes place on 7 March 2022 (online) and is open to everybody interested in discussing, learning more about, and sharing experiences on practices in Open Science. Find out more here.

3 Likes

Note that registration for the barcamp is now open. I’m actually looking forward to this more than the main conference :smiley:

1 Like

Me too! :slight_smile: I just registered. Thanks for sharing, @Gavin!

I wonder, should we suggest a session related to academic / research / scholarship values, in the spirit of the SVS 2021 and our AIMOS 2021 session?

1 Like

It’s a good idea Wolfgang! I haven’t been to a barcamp before but I believe they are quite similar to the unconference format from the SVS. I feel like the values and norms of Open Science are already quite clear, but it could be a good occasion to discuss strategies for enacting them and promoting them with colleagues. What do you think?

Also, shoutout to @rgiessmann who I see also has already proposed a session:D

1 Like

Back for another year :smiley:

We invite the Open Science community to submit abstracts for one of the following calls below [due March 3, 2023].

Call for Speakers

Call for Practical Solutions

Call for Scientific Contributions

Call for Workshops

The Barcamp was really fun last time, hopefully they run it again this year!

Wonderful, thanks for sharing! There is any way to still register / contribute to the conference in any way? Plugging a related project: http://health.int.eu.org in case it is of interest, also devoted to Africa, in this case focused on one health and open technologies.

Hi @EnricGTorrents! I think the call for submissions to the main conference has closed and I assume that it will be possible to register soon.

The barcamp is actually running later in the year (September 21) and they will probably accept discussion topic proposals closer to the date.

https://www.barcamp-open-science.eu/

Good luck with your special issue!

1 Like

From the network-of-open-science-grassroots-networks google group:

We are pleased to invite you to the Open Science Conference https://www.open-science-conference.eu/, which will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2023.

The conference will take place from 27 to 29 June 2023 and is an online conference.

The conference is an international event dedicated to the Open Science movement, bringing together researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure providers, policy makers, and other important stakeholders to discuss the latest and future developments in Open Science. This year’s conference will offer insights into practical and technical innovations that serve the implementation of open practices, as well as current and pioneering developments in the global Open Science movement. The conference features 14 talks from experts and upcoming talents in the field reflecting current Open Science developments and reporting from recent research and meta-research findings. There will also be eight workshops on topics like FAIR and Open Data, Open Research Software, teaching Open Science, Open Science culture, among others. The conference will also have a panel discussion on Reforming Research Assessment and an interactive session with 23 practical solutions for Open Science.

Check the programme: https://www.open-science-conference.eu/

The Open Science Conference is hosted by the Leibniz Strategy Forum Open Science and organized under the lead of the ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics. We believe that the Open Science Conference offers a unique opportunity for you to learn, network, and exchange ideas with colleagues from around the world. Therefore, we encourage you to register for the conference as soon as possible (the fee is 50 EUR).

REGISTER NOW:

To register for the Open Science Conference, please visit our website https://www.open-science-conference.eu

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at events@zbw-online.eu.