A new paradigm for the scientific enterprise: nurturing the ecosystem

i’m fine with any time we can agree on. perhaps someone else propose a time. :slight_smile:

I can speak on Friday.

To suit the extremes, at 8am LA (@grant) is going to be 10pm in Medan (@surya). Does that work for you two? Or we could flip to 8am Medan/6pm LA and Surya will be a day ahead.

Anyway, I don’t have anything on scheduled on Friday, so feel free to shuffle the times around as needed.

is grant a morning person? if yes, i would choose the evening time. i am more often than not sleeps after dawn morning these days. :slight_smile:

@Gavin, @surya yeah I could swing 8 am, if that time Friday ends up working for everyone.

1 Like

I sent around a calendar invite for 8AM PST to @surya, @grant, @alex.lancaster, @arika.virapongse & Anne. Hopefully, I got all your email address correct! I’m happy to use the GoogleMeet link in the invite, but we can use zoom if anybody wants to set-up a meeting.

We can move this if it really doesn’t suit, but I figured this wasn’t going to happen tomorrow unless we set a set a time today :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes 11am ET on Friday is good for me. Hopefully Anne Thessen too (she is in same time zone as me). Thanks, Gavin!

@Gavin, @surya, @alex.lancaster, @arika.virapongse, Great looking forward to it! The Google Meet link works for me.

i have clicked yes multiple times to the invitation and asked my wife to note it in our calendar. would participating in a webinar at the same time, see below, but passively. :slight_smile:

Insights from (Muhyiddin) Ibn Arabi with Dr. Eric Winkel (via ZOOM) Friday, August 21, 2020 - 9 am MT

Please Note: The ZOOM sessions are NOW WEEKLY again.

These ZOOM sessions are 45 minutes, with 15 minutes for participants to share experiences and ask questions.

No previous study is necessary! As part of my work to translate the 10,000 pages of the Futuhat (the Openings Revealed in Makkah), I gather insights and images and metaphors from Ibn al-Arabi’s counsel and present them, with illustrations and explanations.

• Dr. Eric Winkel

Topic: Ibn Arabi Friday Session Time: Aug 21, 2020 09:00 Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 560 638 2020 Passcode: 28

I liked this video, it was a good introduction to MMT.

I recently came across this Vox article which I thought provided a bit of deeper discussion and is referenced to the current (US) context. It also includes some perspectives from Mosler. It would be useful for anybody wanting to learn more about the potential benefits (and practical limitations) of MMT.

1 Like

thanks @Gavin. i probably have read every text on mmt available on the internet (books/papers/articles/posts/tweets/etc.) so just ask for the kind of reference you need.

from mmt for kids to mmt for scientists, from mmt on tiktok to mmt on podcasts, you name it, i probably have come across it. :slight_smile:

thanks for the interest. feel free to ask any questions. there is probably very few that i haven’t come across the answer for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, this looks like a great summary! I’d like to continue digging into this (and any other strategies).