Orison O. Woolcott

Warm welcome to IGDORE, Orison O. Woolcott!

Dr. Woolcott has a medical background and more than 18 years of experience in cell physiology, integrative physiology, and population studies. He was a visiting research scholar at the Karolinska Institute, Sweden. He completed his Post-Doctoral training at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. His research work is related to obesity, diabetes, and high-altitude physiology.

For the full list of IGDORE’s affiliated researchers and researchers in training, click here .

See the full list of their publications here .

3 Likes

Hello :wave: Dr. Woolcott! I am not sure that I know the term “high-altitude physiology”. Can you tell us a bit about it?

1 Like

Hello Alexander,

Thank you very much for your very kind message and welcome. I am so sorry for the late response. For some reason your message did not reach my mail box.

High-altitude physiology/medicine is the field that studies the biological and physiological aspects that occur in (or are somehow related to) the organisms that live at high elevation (defined as an altitude above 1,500 m above sea level). However, this field also involves the study of the biologicals and physiological changes in the body after short-term exposure to high elevation.

I hope this brief information answers your question.

Kind regards,

Orison Woolcott

2 Likes