Do you too find it difficult to get certain stuff done? Answering or writing emails, filling out forms, create backups, install updates, paying bills, preparing presentations… Well someone has developed a technique, called Pomodoro, that is supposed to help you get things done. From Wikipedia:
There are six steps in the original technique:
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
- Work on the task.
- End work when the timer rings and put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
- If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3–5 minutes), then go to step 2.
- After four pomodoros, take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step 1.
How about setting a recurring time each week when we do this together online? It could be 1-3 times per week to cater to different timezones, and people could just drop in (online) to attend if they want to. Anyone’s up for trying?